Monday 14 May 2012

The 17th of September




The 17th of September is one of my favourite days of the year (other than my birthday in March). And for a number of reasons.. One of them being, I got to do Nicola’s bridal makeup that day. It was a beautiful spring day, not a cloud in sight. Warm weather, luckily not to hot or cold.



I had met Nicola at a Morrells Bridal Showcase earlier in the year, she had booked me the following week. We had her trial fairly early in the year as she had an engagement shoot. I recommend a pre-wedding shoot as you get to know your photographer and understand how they work.  You and your fiancĂ© get an idea of how to pose in front of the camera and become comfortable with your photographer. It is you most photographed day after all!




Nicola wore her hair as she always did, loose and straight. She had a beautiful diamond hair clip, clipped on the side for some detail. Simple and elegant. Nicola also had a spray tan done by me. She has a beautiful olive skin, so we did a natural colour to enhance her own tone as we were leaving our winter. Well, I hope Nicola’s wedding brings some warmth to your day, the weather is changing in Jozi. Winter is on her way.




3 comments:

  1. Love the shading you did in the crease of her eyes! Slightly smokey and sexy, yet still soft and romantic.

    Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete